Last updated: November 10th, 2021
Types of Information VLI Collects
This policy covers the information you share with VLI during the application and hiring process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us during the application and hiring process;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (when applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Details of the type of employment you are looking for, current salary, compensation, and benefits package requirements, or other job preferences;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources that we believe is relevant to your application; and/or
- Information related to any technical assessment you may take as part of the interview process.
How We Use Information We Collect
Your information will be used by VLI for the purposes of carrying out its application and hiring process which includes:
- Communications with you about the application process;
- Verifying your information, carrying out reference checks, and/or conducting background checks (when applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests with respect to our career opportunities;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
- We will also use your information to protect the rights of VLI, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with VLI, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your information
VLI may also use service providers acting on VLI’s behalf to perform verification and background checks.
VLI may be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
We may also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your references), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of VLI, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to VLI.
Our retention of your information
If you apply for a job at VLI and your application is not successful (or you withdraw from the application process or decline our offer), VLI will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including a legal challenge of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at VLI and to help us improve our hiring processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact careers@VLI.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Changes to this Policy
VLI may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. Each version of this policy is identified at the top of this page by its effective date.